Relevance of the project: The topicality of the proposed project is high, because the aim is to produce materials with new physico-chemical properties other than macro-crystal (based on submicron and nanocrystalline powders of oxides, metals, semiconductors, polymeric materials, etc.). The regulation of new materials properties largely is higly dependent on the synthesis methods and the selected technology. The main and difficult problem is the development of a method for obtaining and using components of experimental samples (powders, thin and massive) based on metals and dielectrics, irradiation methods (radiation and thermo-mechanical treatment of the initial components and prototypes), setting modes and parameters. Experimental studies of the physical and physico-mechanical properties of the obtained new composites (based on titanium and various additives: vanadium, niobium, molybdenum, tungsten combined with nitrogen) after thermo-mechanical and radiation exposures. Modification and use of our models, simulation the distributions of implanted ions and the concentration of defects along the depth of the material for different energies of primary particles. This project is aimed to solve the problems of developing modern technologies and obtaining new radiation-resistant and radiation-sensitive composite materials with enhanced performance characteristics. Some companies still use manual layout of composites, and serial production is not automated. However, high market competition dictates the need for modern design tools and effective equipment dealing with composites. Advances in radiation physics, chemistry, and technology open up the opportunity of developing a technology for the production of new composite materials from the molecular to the micro scale with the optimal ratio of process parameters, control of dispersion, structure and defectiveness of substances. Ways to solve these problems contributes to the quality of materials and devices based on them, saving money and time.
- The aim of the project is to develop electron-ion, thermo-mechanical technologies and to produce new composite materials using metal and dielectric componenets (titanium, zirconium, nitrogen, resin, and various additives, textiles). Study of the structure and physico-chemical properties of composites. Establishment of laws and description of radiation-thermo, mechanical processes and their modeling.
- Expected results:
In accordance with the purpose and objectives, strategy and plan of the project, the expected results are as follows:
- The methodology will be developed for production and use the components of experimental samples (powders, fine and massive) based on metals and dielectrics (titanium, zirconium, nitrogen, resin and various additives, textolites), the irradiation method, setting the modes and parameters.
- Radiation and thermo-mechanical processing of the starting components and prototypes will be carried out by stream of high-energy electron and ions specified modes. Structural studies have been carried out.
- Experimental researches will be carried out on the physical properties of the obtained non-irradiated new composites by electron microscopy and X-ray diffraction analysis. The analysis of experimental data, comparison with the available experimental and theoretical data (ours and literature).
- The Composites (based on titanium and various additives: vanadium, niobium, molybdenum, tungsten in combination with nitrogen), their physical and mechanical properties after thermo-mechanical and radiation effects will be investigated.
- Our models (cascade-probabilistic), Komarov-Kumakhov models will be modifies and applied for the study of the obtained materials. Simulation of the distribution of implanted ions and concentration of defects over the material depth for various energies of primary particles has been carried out.
- Experimental researches have been carried out on the effect of radiation exposure on composites (based on titanium, zirconium and polyester resins), produced the methods of powder metallurgy by compression and radiation-thermo-mechanical action. The physic-mechanical properties of the resultant composites were examined.
- Experimental and theoretical researches of the physic-mechanical properties of massive samples will be carried out. The effect of radiation exposure on the dependence on voltage and radiation dose was explored.
- A theoretical description will be made of the effect of radiation exposure on the deformation process in massive samples. A modified cascade-probability model is developed. The deformation characteristics are calculated as a function of the dose of radiation. A comparison was made with the experiment.
- A database will be created and general laws established for the physical and technical characteristics of the above-mentioned composites after different effects.
- All obtained results will be analyzed. The technology has been adjusted. An experimental batch of new composite materials was received. A recommendation has been issued. The technologies and obtained results have been introduced enterprises of industry and other organizations of Kazakhstan. Acts of implementation received. Four articles in international rankings magazines and one monograph have been published.
Achieved results: Experimental studies of the properties of the obtained unirradiated composites by electron microscopy and X-ray structural analysis have been carried out. The analysis of the data is carried out, comparison with the available results. Microstructural analysis of the experimental coatings confirmed the formation of a multilayer architecture with a dense structure and a diffusion zone at the “coating – substrate” interface. All multilayers showed coherent growth, the crystallite size on the coatings varied from 9.2 to 11.6 nm, and the residual stresses varied in the range – (3.5 – 5.3) GPa. The XPS results showed that the experimental multilayers consisted of Ti – N, Zr – N, and Si – Nx bonds, which can be attributed to the TiN, ZrN, and Si3N4 phases, respectively. The following ratio fcc- (TiZrN || nc-TiN + α-SiNx) determined the crystal structure of the obtained multilayers: the values of hardness and elastic modulus of TiZrN / TiSiN multilayer coatings increased to 38.2 ± 1.15 and 430 ± 12.9 GPa, respectively a decrease in the modulation period to 20.4 nm and the crystallite size to 9.2 nm. The results of tribological studies have shown that the resulting coatings exhibit a mixture of adhesive, oxidative and abrasive wear. The lowest friction coefficient of 0.884 and a wear rate of 3.32 • 10–5 mm3 / Nm were obtained for the sample with the best mechanical characteristics, i.e., E. The highest values of H (38.2 ± 1.15 GPa.), E (430 ± 12,9 GPa.), H/E (0.089) and H3/E2 (0.301). The increase in wear resistance of TiZrN /TiSiN nanocomposites is influenced by their structural and phase features, in particular, bilayer thickness, Siatoms concentration, level of crystallinity (texture), stress state, etc.
Composites (based on titanium and various additives: vanadium, niobium, molybdenum, tungsten in combination with nitrogen), their physical and mechanical properties after thermo-mechanical and radiation effects have been investigated. As a result of the conducted studies of the dependence of deformation and return deformation on the radiation dose, it was found that the deformation of a sample with a thickness of 100 μm is more than 2 times greater than that of a film with a thickness of 40 μm, which can be explained by the influence of the size of polymer macromolecules. Irradiation with electrons in the dose range 0 – 10 kGy leads to a deterioration in the elasticity of polytetrafluoroethylene with deformations close to destruction. For this reason, the return deformation of PTFE decreases for two thicknesses. The elongation of the material after irradiation, regardless of the thickness, increases by more than 100%. The reason for this effect is the unwinding of helical macromolecules due to the weakening of bonds due to defects.
- Names and surnames of members of the research team with their identifiers (Scopus Author, Researcher ID, ORCID ID if available) and links to the corresponding profiles:
- Academic Supervisor: Anatoly Kupchishin – (STS), Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Professor, specialist in the field of composite synthesis, modeling of radiation-physical processes, radiation technologies, materials science, project executor (h-index: Scopus 7), author’s ORCID0000-0002-8872-3734;
- Lisitsyn Viktor Mikhailovich (Russia, Tomsk) – (STS), Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Professor, Specialist in the field of radiation physics of solids, chemistry and materials science, (h-index: RSCI 17, Scopus), Author’s ORCID 0000-0002-2075-4796.
- Pogrebnyak Alexander Dmitrievich (Ukraine) – (STS), Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Professor, highly qualified specialist working in the field of solid state radiation physics, chemistry and materials science, radiation technologies, project executor (h-index: RSCI 35, Scopus 40), Author ORCID 0000-0002-9218-6492;
- Gyngazov Sergey Anatolyevich (Russia, Tomsk) – (STS), Doctor of Technical Sciences, specialist in the field of radiation physics of solids (study of radiation-thermal effects and processes), project executor (h-index: RSCI 11, Scopus 11),Author ORCID 0000-0002-2524-9238;
- Kylyshkanov Manarbek Kalymovich – (STS), Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Professor;experimental studies of the structure, project executor (h-index: RSCI 5, Scopus 5);
- Abdukhairova Alchachak Tynyshevna – STS) Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor, specialist in training personnel in the field of radiation physics, project executor (h-index: Scopus 2);
- Taipova Buvkhan Gozhakhmetovna – (NS), specialist in radiation solid state physics, project executor (h-index: Scopus 3), author’s ORCID 0000-0003-1563-7189;
- Khodarina Natalya Nikolaevna, performer of the project.Research activities: radiation technologies, materials science, project executor (h-index: Scopus 2);
- Niyazov Marat Nurpulatovich – NS, experimental work, project executor (h-index: Scopus 2);
- Utepova Denmark Sabyrbekovna – National Assembly;database creation, project executor;
- Sushih Anastasia Mikhailovna – Ministry of Taxes and Tax Collection;marketing, project executor;
- Baymbetova Gulzada Aitzhanovna – NS;database creation, project executor;
- Tronin Boris Alekseevich – NS;radiation-thermal and chemical processes, accelerators and technologies, project executor.
- List of publications (with links to them) and patents: information about the main publications of the scientific supervisor of the project related to the topic of the project:
More than 40 articles have been published in 5 years (Scopus).
1 Kupchishin A.I., Voronova N.A., Shmygaleva T.A. and Kupchishin A.A. Computer simulation of vacancy clusters distribution by depth in molybdenum irradiated by alpha particles// Key Engineering Materials. – 2018. – pp. 3 – 7. (SJR 0,18; Q3).
2 Kupchishin A.I., Niyazov M.N., Gyngazov S.A., Voronova N.A., Kupchishin A.A. Study of the influence of uniaxial strain and electron irradiation on the deformation of polytetrafluoroethylene film// Key Engineering Materials. – 2018. – pp. 58 – 63. (SJR 0,18; Q3)
3 Pogrebnyak A.D., Ivashchenko V.I., Erdybaeva N.K., Kupchishin A.I., Lisovenko M.A. Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Multilayer a-AlN/a-BCN coating as Functions of the Current Density during Sputtering of a B4C Target// Physics of the Solid State. – 2018. – Vol. 60, No. 10. – pp. 2030 – 2133. (SJR 0,36; Q3).
4 Pogrebnjak A.D., Beresnev V.M., Bondar O.V., Kravchenko Ya. O., Zhollybekov B., Kupchishin A.I. Specific Features of the Microstructure and Properties of Multielement Nitride Coatings Based on TiZrNbAlYCr// Technical Physics Letters. – 2018. – Vol. 44, No. 2. – pp. 98 – 101. (SJR 0,4; Q2).
5 ShmygalevaТ.А., Kupchishin A.I., Kupchishin A.A., Shafii С.А. Computer simulation of the energy spectra of PKA in materials irradiated by protons in the framework of the CP method// IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering. – 2019. – Р. 1 – 6. (SJR 0,24).
6 Pogrebnjak A.D., Kravchenko Ya. O., Bondar O.V., Zhollybekov B., Kupchishin A.I. Structural Features and Tribological Properties of Multilayer Coatings Based on Refractory Metals. Protection of Metals and Physical Chemistry of Surfaces. – 2018. – Vol. 54. No. 2. – pp. 240 – 258. (SJR 0,25; Q3).
7 Kupchishin A.I, Kupchishin A.А. Dynamic model of the threshold displacement energ// IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 012014. – 2017. – Vol. 168. – Р. 1 – 4. (SJR 0,24).
8 Solodukha V.A., Pilipenko V.A., Gorushko V.N., Kupchishin A.N., Komarov F.F. Milchanin O.V. Formation of platinum silicide during rapid thermal processing of the platinum – silicon system: microstructure and electro physical characteristics// High Temperature Material Processes. – 2019. – pp. 255 – 273. (SJR 0,14; Q3).
9 Kupchishin A.I. On positrons irradiation in the defects of vacancy type//IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 012094. – 2017. – Vol. 168. – Р. 1 – 4. (SJR 0,24).
main publications of the research group related to the topic of the project (up to ten), patents, copyright certificates and other titles of protection:
1 Lisitsyn V.M., Lisitsyna L, Polisadova E. Complex defects in crystal scintillation materials and phosphors. // IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 168 (2017) 012086 – 2017 – Р. 1 – 6. (SJR 0,2).
2 Kupchishin A.I., Taipova B.G., Lisitsyn V.M., Niyazov M.N. Study of the influence of the electron irradiation dose on the deformation of mylar films, taking into account the processes of destruction and crosslinking// IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering. – 2019. – P. 1 – 5. (SJR 0,2).
3 Kupchishin A.I., Taipova B.G., Kupchishin A.A., Kozhamkulov B.A. Study on the physical and mechanical properties of composites based on polyimide and polycarbonate// Meсhaniсs of composite materials. – 2015. – Vol. 51, №1. – pp. 115 – 118. (SJR 0,27).
4 Zhurerova L.G., Rakhadilov B.K., Popova N.A., Kylyshkanov M.K., Buranich V.V. , Pogrebnjak A.D. Effect of the PEN/C surface layer modification on the microstructure, mechanical and tribological properties of the 30CrMnSiA mild-carbon steel// Mater Res Technol. – 2019. – pp.1 – 10. (SJR 1,027).
5 Rakhadilov B.К., Kylyshkanov М.К., Zhaparova M.S. Evolution of the structure and properties of pure aluminum under severe plastic deformation// IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 012084. – 2018. – Vol. 447(1). – pp.1 – 5. (SJR 0,24).
6 Kupchishin A.I., Taipova B.G., Voronova N.A., Abdukhairova A.T. The effect of electron irradiation on the properties of polyimide films of various grades// IOP Conf. Series: Journal of Physics. – 2018. – Vol. 1115. – Р. 1 – 5. (SJR 0,24).
7 Voronova N.A., Kupchishin A.I., Niyazov M.N., Lisitsyn V.M., Tlebaev K.B., Gerasimenko N. N. Deformation of polytetrafluorethylene at various static strain and electron irradiation// Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms. – 2020. – Vol. 465. – Р. 59 – 61. (SJR 0,52).
8 Kupchishin A.I., Taipova B.G., Voronova N.A., Abdukhairova A.T. The effect of electron irradiation on the properties of polyimide films of various grades// IOP Conf. Series: Journal of Physics. – 2018. – Vol. 1115. – Р. 1 – 5. (SJR 0,24).
9 Kupchishin A.I., Niyazov M.N., Lisitsyn V.M., Taipova B.G., Voronova N.A., Abdukhairova A.T. Effect of anomalous broadening in uniaxial stretching of thin polyethylene films// IOP Conf. Series: Journal of Physics. – 2018. – Vol. 1115. – Р. 1 – 5. (SJR 0,24).
10 Kupchishin A.I., Niyazov M.N., Taipova B.G. Studying the Effect of Temperature, Static Load and Nanodimensional Defects on the Mechanical Properties of Polyethylene Film at Uniaxial Extension. //Materials Science Forum – 2020. – Vol. 992, – pp. 325 – 330.
11 Smyrnova K.V., Pogrebnjak A.D., Beresnev V.M., Litovchenko S.V., Borba-Pogrebnjak S.O., Manokhin A.S., Klimenko S.A., Zhollybekov B., Kupchishin A.I., Kravchenko Ya.O., Bondar O.V. Microstructure and Physical-Mechanical Properties of (TiAlSiY)N Nanostructured Coatings Under Diferent Energy Conditions. Metals and Materials International. – 2018. Р. 1024 – 1035.
12 Kupchishin A.I., Taipova B.G., Gerasimenko N. N., Voronova N. A., Abdukhairova A.T. Effect of electronic irradiation on the properties of polyethyleneterephthalate films of various mark// IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. – 2020. – P. 1 – 5.
13 Voronova N.A, Kupchishin A.I, Niyazov M.N, Taipova BG, Abdukhairova A.T. Reseach of electron irradiation effects upon plexiglas strain during bending test//IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 289 012040 – 2018 – Р. 1 – 4. (SJR 0,39).
14 Kupchishin A.I., Taipova B.G., Tronin B.A., Shakhanov K.Sh. Polymer insulating materials and their mechanical properties // Bulletin of the NNC RK. – 2019. – Р. 120 – 122.
15 Kupchishin A.I., Niyazov M.N., Taipova B.G., Khodarina N.N., Shakhanov K.Sh.Mechanical properties of textolite and fiberglass when tested for flat straight bend // Vestnik NNC RK, issue 4 (76).- Kurchatov, Kazakhstan. – 2018 . – р. 90 – 92.
- Information for potential users: In the project, completely new composite materials based on metals and dielectrics (titanium, zirconium, nitrogen, resin and various additives, textolites) will be obtained, their structure and properties will be investigated using known ones (electron microscopy, Raman spectroscopy), and non-traditional methods (the author’s KV-method, a set of proprietary models and programs). The novelty of the proposed project lies in the study of the properties of composite materials under the combined effect of radiation and thermo-mechanical treatment of the initial components and prototypes by streams of high-energy electrons and ions in specified modes. For the first time, materials with desired properties will be obtained under complex action. In addition, we will use the manufacture of parts from our composite materials, including manual and automated methods: – impregnation of components with matrix material; – cold pressing of components followed by sintering; – deposition of the matrix by plasma spraying on the hardener with subsequent reduction; – joint rolling of reinforcing elements with a matrix, etc. The planned types of work have scientific and technological needs, importance, complexity and practical significance and applicability. They are determined in national and international needs and consist in the study and application of new physicochemical phenomena in experimental samples (thin and massive) based on metals and dielectrics (titanium, aluminum, silicon, iron, nitrogen, polyethylene terephthalate, resin, textolite, fiberglass, plexiglass ) at various intensities and doses of high-energy electrons, ions and gamma quanta. The scientific importance and significance of this project lies in the fact that a significant part of the work will be carried out using non-traditional methods, in particular, within the framework of the cascade-probabilistic method. New developments and methods will make it possible to understand much deeper the physical processes occurring in materials and to obtain results that are practically impossible to obtain within the framework of other methods, especially when studying phenomena in the radiation field. The practical significance of the project lies in the fact that a complex of scientific, practical tasks for the industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan will be solved. Using the performed systemic experimental and theoretical studies, as well as a number of laboratory and industrial tests, it is planned to obtain new materials and study the properties of the materials obtained in order to issue recommendations for their practical use in industry. The use of the obtained materials will increase the export potential, since will be used in various industries, industries as import substitution. The proposed works have a high scientific level and technological needs. The research results have a social demand and economic and industrial interest at the enterprises of the Republic of Kazakhstan, including trends in the fields of knowledge of radiation physics, chemistry, technologies for obtaining new materials, including composite ones. The results and materials obtained can have a significant impact on social demand, economic and industrial interest of enterprises, on the development of science and technology in the field of obtaining new cheap materials for their use in various industries, in particular for the production of lightweight and durable composite materials, to protect against electromagnetic influences.