The direction of work is related to the development strategy, methods and means of teaching, training and retraining of geography teachers for sustainable development. It is expected to be used in educational institutions of all levels (preschool, secondary school, specialized secondary, higher).
The main goal of the Project is to conduct research for the reorientation of the education system for the training and retraining of geography teachers, its policies and practices based on the development of a methodology for implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SD) in the educational process; to form an educational base and all the conditions preceding this.
The implementation of the Project will bring the quality of the educational process to a new level, ensuring the improvement of training and reorientation of teachers to ensure sustainable development.
Practical significance for the education system
For the first time, the theoretical and applied possibilities of recommendations for the design of educational programs and school textbooks that will contribute to the ideas of education for sustainable development will be substantiated; the algorithm of actions – for the first time, instructions for the design of geography programs and textbooks in the context of ESD will be given and methodological recommendations for practical teachers will be developed; coverage – the possibility of use in education and in society as a whole.
As a result of the work carried out:
– in 2022, criteria for evaluating the effectiveness and quality of training and retraining of geography teachers in the aspect of SD will be determined.
– in 2023, specific methodological recommendations will be developed for the implementation of the SDGs in the educational process of training and retraining of geography teachers.
– in 2024, a course of training and retraining of geography teachers will be developed to implement the tasks of ESD. A monograph on the topic “Theory and practice of SDG implementation in the training of teachers”, a textbook on the topic: “Methodology of teaching SDGs in geographical education”, a methodological guide for university teachers on the topic: “Implementation of SDGs in the educational process of training and retraining of geography teachers” will be published.
During the entire period of implementation of this project will be published:
– 2 scientific articles in foreign peer-reviewed scientific journals indexed in the Social Science Citation Index or Arts and Humanities Citation Index of the Web of Science database and (or) having a CiteScore percentile in the Scopus database of at least 35 (thirty-five);
-at least 2 (two) articles and (or) reviews in peer-reviewed foreign and (or) domestic publications recommended by COXON;
– or at least 1 (one) article or review in a peer-reviewed scientific publication included in the 1st (first) or 2nd (second) quartile by impact factor in the Web of Science database;
– or at least 2 (two) articles and (or) reviews in peer-reviewed scientific publications indexed in the Arts and Humanities Citation Index of the Web of Science database.
The type of use of the result of scientific and (or) scientific and technical activities through theoretical and practical aspects are training and retraining courses for teaching staff.
The composition of the research group:
Project manager – Chief Researcher Shakirova Nurzhanat Dalelovna, PhD, senior lecturer, Scopus Author ID: 57220766393; SciProfiles: 3131001 ORCID https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2255-9668; h=1
Chief Researcher – Kaymuldinova Kulyash Duisenbaevna, PhD, Professor, Scopus Author ID: 55976304200; ORCID https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7352-5586; h=2
Leading Researcher – Abdimanapov B.S., PhD, Professor, Scopus Author ID: 55975407800; ORCID 0000-0003-2377-6031; h=2
Senior Researcher – Muzdybayeva K.K., PhD, Senior lecturer, Scopus Author ID: 57196247133; ORCID 0000-0003-4258-5636; h=2
Senior Researcher – Kumyzbayeva S.K., PhD., Senior lecturer, Scopus Author ID: 57192170690; ORCID 0000-0003-3175-2435; h = 3
Senior Researcher – Belyi A.V., PhD, Associate Professor, Leading national expert on low-carbon development, energy efficiency, housing and communal services and the environment with more than 20 years of experience. In the period 2004-2021, he was a National Expert/coordinator/head of international projects of UNDP, GEF, UNEP, the European Union and the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan with a total funding of about 20.5 million US dollars. Project areas: energy efficiency, energy conservation, energy efficient construction, management and maintenance of residential buildings, housing and communal services development, green financing.
Junior Researcher – Usenov N.E., PhD, senior lecturer Scopus Author ID: 57221727221; ORCID 0000-0002-3579-9698; h = 3
Junior Researcher – Aliaskarov D.T., PhD, senior lecturer Scopus Author ID: 57197876414; ORCID 0000-0002-7628; h = 2
Junior researcher – Bakanov N.G., doctoral student of the specialty “6D011600-Geography”